Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tonight's Thoughts

The gloaming sky. One bright wishing star flying on the warm breeze.
Cottonwoods dancing a waltz. A hungry bat soars through tree branches to find the mosquitoes who linger in wait for their own feedings.
Cars hurry passed. Head lighting the potholes and occasional dead critter.
Two minutes in..."Mom!?"
The dog is barking at a teen guest leaving. Music is thumping through the windows of another child's bedroom.
The dryer is doing its job.
My autistic son is humming in growing annoyance with his days end, like yesterday..and all the yesterdays he has ever had.
The town siren is whaling for volunteers to help with someone's chest pains, or an accident or maybe a campfire gone wrong.
The fireflies twinkle in the midst of my own little chaos.
"Mom!" 

My God,..I know,  I will long for that sound one day.
But not right now.
--Heather Johann Hawes

No comments:

Post a Comment